Fugitive Warrants is a Non Profit Public Benefit Corporation Dedicated To Reducing Crime, Easing Public Tensions, Protecting Civil Rights, and Lessening The Burdens On Government.
We, the members of the Fugitive Warrants are committed to excellence in public safety and are dedicated to the people, traditions and diversity of our State. In order to protect life and property, prevent crime and reduce the fear of crime, we will provide service with understanding, response with compassion, performance with integrity and public safety with vision.
Our Statement of Values
These values guide the operation of the Fugitive Warrants and the conduct of its members. These are our fundamental beliefs from which our agency sets policy, delivers services and implements programs. Values set standards for our members in executing their public safety duties. These values guide our actions.
- Our Highest Priority is the Protection of Human Life. There is no more important priority to the Fugitive Warrants than protection of human life. This belief is reflected in every aspect of public safety conduct. Our highest priority will always be the protection of human life. In violent situations, we are committed in using all reasonable means to prevent injury to the public.
- We Believe that while Crime Prevention is our Principal Goal, We should Vigorously Pursue those who Commit Serious Crimes. The Agency’s primary focus must be crime prevention. However, when crimes do occur, the Agency must react with vigorous bail enforcement, moving aggressively toward arrest and prosecution of the perpetrator. Vigorous bail enforcement is an important deterrent to serious crime.
- We Treat Members of the Public with Respect and Dignity. We Maintain the Highest Levels of Integrity and Professionalism in all Actions. We will treat all those we serve in a compassionate, sensitive, courteous and professional manner, regardless of sex, race, lifestyle or reason for contact. The integrity of the Agency must not be compromised. There can be no question or suspicion among the citizenry regarding Agency ethics. Professionalism requires impeccable conduct, careful protection of all citizens’ rights and the maintenance of high levels of accountability from all members of the Agency.
- We Recognize that the Agency Members are its Greatest Asset and Assume Responsibility to Treat Them Professionally and Support Their Professional Development. All Agency members are entitled to respectful, fair and consistent treatment. In matters impacting member job satisfaction and effectiveness, we seek the input of our members and involve them in the decision-making process. The efforts of our members are the principal means by which the Agency fulfills its mission and accomplishes its public service goals.
- We are committed to Solving Neighborhood Problems. We Care about the Quality of Life in the Every Neighborhood and Believe that our Services Must Answer their Needs. The Agency will provide a rapid and effective reporting of life threatening situations and other public safety emergencies. Yet, we must seek new ways to address the contemporary neighborhood problems of crime, fear of crime, disorder, and physical and social decay. We are committed to providing a highly visible presence in all City’s neighborhoods.
- We Maintain Open Communication with all the Communities We Serve. Their Input Helps to Determine Policies, Priorities and Strategies. The Agency recognizes the need to collaborate with the public in order to reduce crime, disorder, fear and all those negative factors lessening the quality of life. We cannot effectively deal with these by ourselves. Through open communication, we strive to increase public understanding of bail enforcement complexities, to ensure the certainty that Agency priorities match community expectations, and to inform the public of the reasons for our actions.
- We Believe That Policing Strategies Must Preserve and Advance Democratic Values. The Public Safety Officer in a democratic country must be the living expression of the values and potentialities of democracy. Our Agents must, as a matter of course, know and use the most effective techniques for enforcing bail laws and maintaining order. Moreover, they must perform their duties in a manner that helps to preserve and extend the precious values of a democratic society. Thus, we must respect and protect the rights of all citizens as guaranteed by the States Constitution. These rights include the right to move throughout the State without fear, the right to be free of harassment and discrimination and the right to speak and/or demonstrate one’s opinion in a lawful and orderly way.
- We are Committed to Managing Our Resources in a Careful, Efficient and Effective Manner. The Management of our Agency is very similar to the operation of a business with the ultimate objective being quality service delivery to clients with a minimum of costs. Our Agency must be managed so that there is a maximum return from the expenditure of each dollar received. Issues such as employee productivity, fiscal accountability, planning and resource utilization will be carefully studied and systematically addressed .